Sunday, October 16, 2011

New Apartment

I'm going to show each Klimas family member's favorite part of the new apartment.

First let me show you what I hated most about the old apartment; the kitchen.  This is a picture of the kitchen in the middle of me trying to cook dinner. Absolutely no counter space.  It drove me bonkers.


Here is the new kitchen:
Not only does it have ample counter space, there is also an island with MORE counter space.  It's the perfect kitchen for someone who loves to cook.  I'm going to get spoiled.

K-man loves the walk-in shower.  He calls it his quintessential 80's movie bathroom. All he needs is the soundtrack to Risky Business.

I love the bathtub.  This thing is huge.  All I need is a walkman, a Prince tape, and Richard Gere offering me $3000 for the week.


The kitties love the fenced in porch.


Did I mention the 12 foot ceilings?
This apartment has about four times the usable space that the old one did, which is exactly what we wanted. That being said, it is a bit of a Monet (as Cher on Clueless would say).  Everything in the apartment is slightly off, for lack of a better word.  For example, every single switch plate is crooked and missing at least one screw.  The mirrors above the sinks in the (2 1/2!) bathrooms are slightly off center from the sinks. Random things like that.

I've decided it will be a good exercise in controlling my OCD tendencies.  I'll let you know how it goes :)

The oddest thing about the apartment is the bathroom in the master bedroom doesn't have a door....something we failed to notice when we toured the apartment the first time.  Now, K-man and I are comfortable with each other, but we're not THAT comfortable. We spent one night in the master bedroom and the next day moved our bed into the other bedroom.   So now the master bedroom is our office and our dressing room, lol.

Even with all the quirks, we love the new apartment and we love the new neighborhood. 

I hope you all had a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment